At Vermicrop we believe in making charitable donations to schools and community groups.
In 2013 Vermicrop Organics founded the VermiTrust, this non-profit organization is focused on the greater good and betterment of our planet. VermiTrust strives to distribute aid locally and internationally to those in need, it is our commitment to give back to the people and the environment of this planet. By purchasing this product you have donated to this cause, thank you for your support! Please visit us at www.vermicrop.com/vermitrust to see what progress we have made recently.
March 3, 2016
– Yuba County Sheriff’s Department: Donated $400 to help support the National Child Safety Council provide educational material to children in the local area. -$400
March 1, 2016
– Soil and soilless mediums for research and development. - $128
February 24, 2016
– Livestock Producers: Soil and fertilizers to help maintain a garden for the organization. - $162
February 18, 2016
– Bear Yuba Land Trust: Range of Vermicrop Organic products to help support and maintain community gardens. - $1,500
January 15, 2016
– Hmong Community Garden (Olivehurst): Multiple pallets of Vermicrop Organic soil products to start and maintain community garden. - $2,475
Januray 6, 2016
– West Career and Technical Academy: Donated VermiSoil to help support and maintain a research and community garden in Nevada. - $380
January 1, 2016
– CA Narcotics Officers Association: Donated $500 to help support the local narcotics agencies in their efforts to keep the community safe. - $500
December 14, 2015
– Farm to Lot 59: Donated multiple pallets of Vermicrop Organics products to highlight the importance of Farm to Fork education. - $1000
April 24th, 2015
– Dobbins Elementary School Dobbins, CA – Potting soil for raised beds so the kids can grow their own food. - $600
April 1st, 2015
– Folsom Collage Folsom, CA – Nursery mix for food and native plant research gardens. - $2000
March 15th, 2015
– Georgetown Elementary School Georgetown, CA – Soil, amendment and fertilizer to beautify the grounds. - $800
March 3rd, 2015
– New Life Community Center Olivehurst, CA – Soil amendment to revitalize a food garden. - $500
September 23nd, 2014
– Grand View Boulevard Elementary School Los Angeles – Potting soil to start a garden project for the kids! - $900
September 15th, 2014
– Nevada Union High School – Amendment to biologically enhance otherwise unusable soil. - $1100
September 2nd, 2014
– Future Farmers of America – Retail bags of VermiFire and VermiSoil for their silent auction. - $150
August 25th, 2014
– Placerville Nature Center – To help boost their native and cultivated flower beds. - $2100
July 17th, 2014
– Placerville Nature Center Music in the Foothills Fundraiser – a community based non-profit that brings environmental education to the people of Placer County and surrounding areas. - Gold Sponsor - $1000
June 25th, 2014
– Youngstown, Ohio Community Gardens – Compost tea to help mitigate contaminated soil and water resources. - $250
May 7th, 2014
– Elk Grove Greener Gardens 2014 – Community education about sustainable landscape techniques. - $2000
May 3rd, 2014
- New Life Community Center – A dump truck load of compost to blend into their native soil for a community garden. - $600
May 1st, 2014
Butte County Probation Youth Program – A dump truck load of soil to start their garden. Getting kids off the streets and into gardens! - $2079
April 30th, 2014
Level 1 sponsorship of the Thursday night Farmer's Market in Grass Valley, CA - $1000
April 28th, 2014
Nevada County Trail Council— The Gold Country Trail Council provides construction and maintenance of group equestrian campgrounds, construction and maintenance of trails, and provides maps and trail educational material to none motorized outdoor enthusiasts. —$60 Donation.
March 31, 2014
- Nevada Union High School received a generous donation of potting soil for their agricultural studies department.
March 19, 2014
Vermicrop has been an incredible supporter of Long Beach kids!!
In the last year Vermicrop has donated soil to:
- The Alpert Jewish Community Center in Long Beach - serves 200 preschool children who play, learn and eat from the garden every day. Vermicrop has been supporting this program for several years and this year the momentum has been such that the garden is getting rebuilt – completely centered around Vermicrop’s donations!
- Westerly School of Long Beach - K-8 school - serves 135 kids. The Vermicrop donation started the garden program at Westerly and it is now in its second year. The donation has been a catalyst that created a garden, a garden club and the teachers are now beginning to use the garden in their curricula.
- Emmerson Parkside Academy Charter School - serves 634 kids. They will be using the donation to overhaul their neglected school garden and to beautify the school.
- Fremont Elementry School - serves 420 kids. This is a new donation that we are currently working on. Vermicrop has provided soil for their spring tomato sale fundraiser. In the coming weeks we will be delivering a pallet of soil to them for their school garden.
- Burcham Elementary School - serves 546 kids. This is a continuing donation - we have been providing soil as the garden program at the school is prepared to use it. In the coming weeks we expect to make a larger delivery!